Welcome to Day 2 of my Book Birthday Celebration!
We’re going to start out with some fun games where y’all get to write your answers in the comment section and then the blogger with the most right answers will get an autographed copy of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl
at the end of our party.
Make sure to pass on the word so others can join in with the fun. 😉
|Signing my book contract in the same chair where I wrote the book.
Just write the numbers and your answers in the comment section!
1. When I was younger I wanted to be: (a) a stay-at-home, homschooling mom, (b) a missionary, (c) an actress, (d) a writer, (e) all the above
2. Archaeopteryx: (a) a branch of science, (b) a fossil bird, (c) a European biologist, (d) ancient pottery, (e) none of the above
3. I used to pray for: (a) brown eyes, (b) a pair of pink snow boots, (c) all the books I could ever read, (d) a pet skunk, (e) all the above
4. Petroglyph: (a) a flying reptile, (b) a mountain range in Asia, (c) a rock sculpture, (d) the name of my first pet bird, (e) none of the above
5. In Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl, CJ’s initials stand for: (a) Carl James, (b) Chadwin Josiah, (c), Caleb Jonathan, (d) Carter Joshua, (e) none of the above
6. Stalactite: (a) a unit used to measure distances in caves, (b) a structure like an icicle hanging from the roof of a cave, (c) a fossilized animal track, (d) a tapering column rising from the floor of a cave, (e) none of the above
7. In Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl, the dedication reads: To my extraordinary super and supportive family And to God, the Dream Giver. How the last part was worded was inspired by: (a) a Bible verse, (b) a song, (c) a recurring dream I had as a child, (b) a book my dad read to me, (e) all the above
|Texting with my adopted parents in the middle of the night while I was in Hawaii
What Do you think…
Just write the letters and answer true or false in the comment section!
A. A pterodactyl a dinosaur.
B. I continually dreamed of pterodactyl’s while writing Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl
C. “Pterodactyl” is pronounced with the “P” silent
D. I wanted the cover of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl to look like a mixture between a log book and an adventuresome journal
E. My editor told me he thought I should publish Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl under the name of Lydia Howe instead of Aidyl Ewoh, even though I go by both names
F. I had gone caving multiple times before I wrote Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl
G. The Main Character of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl was named Melody to begin with, then I changed her name to Sommer, then I ended up writing for months without her having a name before finally settling on “Lydia”
|The first proof copy of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl
Your Turn to Guess…
Just write the numbers & letters and your answers in the comment section!
1A If I could travel anywhere I’d go to…
2B This year I went to ??? for the first time.
3C One of my favorite Bible verses is ????
4D If my family described me in one word, what would it most likely be?
5E Am I a night owl or a early morning person?
And there you have it folks! I hope you have as much fun playing this game as I had making it up! Sorry it’s a bit late, I’ve had a full, busy, amazing day so far and hope the rest of y’all have, too! I can’t wait to see y’alls answers. And remember, you don’t have to answer all the questions to participate. 🙂
Q&A Time! If any of you have questions that you’re curious about regarding my book or my publishing journey, just leave them in the comment section and I’ll try to answer them in a post sometime really soon! Thank you. 🙂