Here are the answers to the game I put on my blog during my book birthday celebration.
Thank you to everyone who played. It was fun. 🙂
Sarah Rudolph wins with 15 correct answers! Way to go!!!
David Mabe comes in with a close second of 14 correct answers,
but sadly, there’s no second place prize.
Good job, everyone!
Just write the numbers and your answers in the comment section!
1. When I was younger I wanted to be: (a) a stay-at-home, homschooling mom, (b) a missionary, (c) an actress, (d) a writer, (e) all the above Answer: E
3. I used to pray for: (a) brown eyes, (b) a pair of pink snow boots, (c) all the books I could ever read, (d) a pet skunk, (e) all the above Answer: A
4. Petroglyph: (a) a flying reptile, (b) a mountain range in Asia, (c) a rock sculpture, (d) the name of my first pet bird, (e) none of the above Answer: E (A petroglyph is a rock carving)
5. In Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl, CJ’s initials stand for: (a) Carl James, (b) Chadwin Josiah, (c), Caleb Jonathan, (d) Carter Joshua, (e) none of the above Answer: E (I don’t know what CJ stands for…)
6. Stalactite: (a) a unit used to measure distances in caves, (b) a structure like an icicle hanging from the roof of a cave, (c) a fossilized animal track, (d) a tapering column rising from the floor of a cave, (e) none of the above Answer: B
7. In Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl, the dedication reads: To my extraordinary super and supportive family And to God, the Dream Giver. How the last part was worded was inspired by: (a) a Bible verse, (b) a song, (c) a recurring dream I had as a child, (b) a book my dad read to me, (e) all the above Answer: B
What Do you think…
Just write the letters and answer true or false in the comment section!
A. A pterodactyl a dinosaur.
Answer: False A Pterodactyl is actually a flying reptile.
B. I continually dreamed of pterodactyl’s while writing Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl
Answer: False I don’t think I’ve ever dreamed about them.
C. “Pterodactyl” is pronounced with the “P” silentAnswer: True
D. I wanted the cover of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl to look like a mixture between a log book and an adventuresome journalAnswer: True
E. My editor told me he thought I should publish Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl under the name of Lydia Howe instead of Aidyl Ewoh, even though I go by both namesAnswer: True
F. I had gone caving multiple times before I wrote Cave Secrets of the PterodactylAnswer: False The first time I went caving was a month and a half after the book was published.
G. The Main Character of Cave Secrets of the Pterodactyl was named Melody to begin with, then I changed her name to Sommer, then I ended up writing for months without her having a name before finally settling on “Lydia”Answer: True
Your Turn to Guess…
Just write the numbers & letters and your answers in the comment section!
1A If I could travel anywhere I’d go to…Answer: Alaska
2B This year I went to ??? for the first time.Answer: Asia (Indonesia) and Europe (Austria, Germany, Switzerland, Holland, Belgium, France, and England), Nashville, TN and the Everglades
3C One of my favorite Bible verses is ????Answer: Eph. 3:20 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we could ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
and John 14:27
4D If my family described me in one word, what would it most likely be?Answer: Driven, Enthusiastic, Unique, (or something like that…)
5E Am I a night owl or a early morning person?Answer: Night Owl