For newcomers: The A to Z Challenge is where a bunch of people blog throughout the month of April, choosing a certain theme and then posting with a corresponding letter for each day.
The letter for today is….
Tips for Working in the Kitchen
– Before you begin baking gather all the ingredients you need so you don’t get halfway through a baking project only to realize you don’t have a necessary item
– Start in a clean kitchen. Seriously, folks, there’s nothing like having to clean up your own mess on top of an old mess to make you lose momentum
– If you’re following a recipe, read the whole thing before starting. Making a cheesecake for dessert and realizing at the last moment that it needs to chill for three hours is rather disheartening
– Conserve the dishes you use – rinsing out mixing bowls and reusing them, or washing them as you go along helps the stack next to the sink not become overwhelming
– Keep your knives sharp. It cuts down on so much work and makes life a lot better when you don’t have to saw through everything
– Instead of having a lot of odds containers to store food in, go with a couple of key sizes and all the same kind. That way you won’t always be searching for the correct lid because you only have two or three different sizes of lids and two or three different sizes of containers
– I generally also wear an apron and carry around either a washcloth or towel in the pocket to clean up spills as I go along
That’s it for today, folks!
What I Listened To While Blogging:
Some DYI show on TV
Where I Blogged:
At my adopted parent’s house
I remember “helping” in the kitchen when I was as young three
Question of the Day:
What’s your favorite kitchen tip?