What I focused on in December:
- Family, friends, celebrating Jesus’ birth, making memories, and being thankful for a year well-lived
- Work – all three jobs
- Making a couple of short surprise trips
Book Reviews: I’m not sure (but I got all the way caught up)
Audio Books: 2
Nights Gone: 6
New States or Countries: None
- Read 4 non-fiction books – YES
- Catch up on all reviews – YES
- Vlog 4 times – No: Only 3 times
- Edit 5,000 Echoes words – YES (I changed it to WLHYL words)
- Work on setting goals for 2018 – YES
- Write weekly goals – YES
- Go to bed by 10:30 15 times – YES (I think….)
- Eat paleo 20 days – YES
- (This one is a goal about some of the Christmas gifts I’m working on, so I’ll not specify) – YES
- End the year with a clean room, clean bathroom, and laundry basically caught up – YES
People. This month. It was like a firehose of life aimed straight at me. After recovering from the blast of water, I jumped into the puddle with both feet and didn’t look back.
- I randomly joined in the Christmas play for the last couple of weeks of rehearsals
- I won second place at a tacky sweater party (Y’all. I have tacky down.)
- I rode around on a hay wagon with about 50 other people from our church for three and a half hours Christmas caroling (and I might have howled like a wolf once or twice)
- I got my first flat tire
- I surprised one of my bestest friends in PA by randomly showing up at her house
- I also surprised my adopted parents right before Christmas Eve by being at their house when they got home from work
- I sighed in delight at the beautiful snow we have
- I worked a bunch of evening shifts at work (before this month I only worked one evening shift)
- I attended a life-long friend’s wedding
- December also meant epic amounts of guests
- I went to our church’s delightful Christmas Eve Service
- I played lots of games and made lots of memories and felt incredibly busy the entire month, but the best kind of busy.
- I read a lot during the first week of the month and then hardly touched another book until near the end of the month, and therefore thought I didn’t read a lot. Apparently, I have a skewed view of what “a lot of reading” entails.
- I also listened to a couple of audio books that in reality were nearly life changing – not because they had amazing info, but because of the writing style and what it did to artistic me
December was a wonderful month, and the best way to bid farewell to 2017. I’m thankful. Very thankful.
What were some of your highlights of December?