Happy Tuesday, folks! Today I’m having fun linking up with the Broke and Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday series. This morning I had fun thinking of ten of the books that I’m really thankful for.
- Control Girl by Shannon Popkin I read this book at a time when I really needed it and I’m still thankful and benefiting from the lessons I learned from it. (Nonfiction)
- Way of Escape by Catherine Farnes Years ago when I spent nearly a decade being sick I found this book late one night and instantly felt like I’d made a deep friend.
- Life Creative by Wendy Speake and Kelli Stuart This book is beautiful on so many levels. I loaned it out, but I can’t hardly wait to read it again. (Nonfiction)
- The Bridge by Jeri Massi Three-year-old me learned how powerful words were while listening spellbound to my sister reading this book.
- Screens and Teens by Kathy Koch Balance is so important, and this book has reminded me of that over and over again. (Nonfiction)
- Of Stillness and Storms by Michèle Phoenix This book. It showed exactly what I’ve wanted to say so many times. (Although there are somethings I don’t agree with.)
- The Insatiable Quest for Beauty by Tiffany Dawn I’ve seen so many girls struggle with this issue and Miss Tiffany talks about it in an honest, delightful, and raw way. (Nonfiction)
- Treasures of the Snow by Patricia St. John The first “big” book I ever read – my life was changed from that moment and I’ll forever be thankful to Miss Patricia.
- Go Teen Writers by Stephanie Morrill and Jill Williamson I have this book both as paperback and kindle – it’s a must for all young writers. (Nonfiction)
- Tiger Shark Strikes Again by Anthony G. Bollback Another one of those books that captivated me as a child. When I later became friends with the author, I was thrilled.
What are some books you’re thankful for?
4 thoughts on “Thankfulness and Books Mix Admirably”
Wonderful post! Books have taught me, helped me become a better person, and helped me learn more about God. They are definitely a great gift from God! ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yes indeed! I’ve been thinking recently about all I’ve learned from books and it’s pretty amazing. 🙂
Great post! I’m thankful that I’ve been able to read so many books this year. After not completing my reading challenge for 2016, I was super happy to have completed it already this year. I’m considering giving myself a more ambitious challenge for 2018. I guess we’ll see if I’m brave enough! LOL
I’m also grateful for the opportunity to read for review your own precious book WDG. That was definitely a highlight of my reading year.
LikeLiked by 1 person
YAY for reading! Good job at completing your goal. I’m impressed. 🙂 I hope that you can decide what you should do regarding your challenge for next year. (Crazy it’s so soon!)
And aww, you’re so sweet! Your comment made me really happy. Thank you!