Y’all! It’s September! Take a moment to let that glorious news sink in. September and October are by far my most favorite months of the year, and I celebrate the arrival of them with great joy.
I’m sitting here with my window open, wrapped up in a blanket and sweatshirt, a candle is lit next to me, and I’m trying to decide if I start drinking pumpkin-ish drinks and food today, or wait until the official start of Autumn to dive into that treat. (Don’t laugh at me – it’s a quandary to be sure. 😉 )
(If y’all want to see how excited I am about September, and how well my family knows me, this texting exchange with my brother might show you….)
This morning I have the pleasure of announcing the winners to the giveaways I hosted to celebrate the cover reveal for Where Dandelions Grow. (Click here to check it out on Amazon or Goodreads!) The winners of the Rafflecopter giveaway were Elle and Angela, and the winner for the comments game was Zielle. I sent out the giftcards already, so if you’re one of the winners, you should have received your prize.
Other news includes the fact that I now (very happily) have enough pre-reviewers for Where Dandelions Grow.
I’d be SO delighted if someone else wants to read Where Dandelions Grow – including reading it for early. BUT! In order for that to happen, I’ll need you to buy the book on Amazon. The good news is the book is only $0.99, and if you send me the receipt for your pre-order, then I can email you a file of the book so you don’t have to wait until the release date to read it. Win-win for everyone, right. 🙂
Now back to September! Here’s a list of my favorite things about this fantastically lovely month:
- Brilliantly blue skies, puffy clouds, and sweater-weather
- A gray canopy over the earth, falling leaves, and brisk rains
- The freshness in the air
- The patchwork quilt look when gazing over woods
- Vibrant colors dancing all around
- Soups, stews, and deliciously hot meals
- Sipping coffee or tea while wrapped up in a blanket
- Autumn-scented candles
- The name Molly – for some reason, it’s always felt like an autumn-ish name to me
- All the memories I have that take place in autumn
- My birthday at the end of the month (although I’m fairly convinced my birthday wouldn’t be nearly as special if it didn’t take place in autumn)
- The offical start of autumn!
What are some of your favorite things about this wonderfully fantastic month?