Welcome to the A to Z Challenge. This year I’m blogging about the Behind the Scenes for the Echoes Trilogy – a story a started writing about six years ago.
When you travel to a different country, it’s generally pretty important to know at least a little bit about what to expect and how to act. For instance, is it safe to travel alone? Is it customary to tip? Where’s the best place to visit? What are some of the big social taboos? So, today I’m posting a list of information that you’d really want to know if you were going to be visiting the Royal City in Kios.
If you were to visit the Royal City of Kios…
- Requesting an audience with King Dalan or Princess Rylie isn’t impossible – in fact they often have onlookers watching them while they rule in the Judgement Hall. Princess Rylie is known for talking with commoners, and even inviting them to stay for large communal meals
- If you do take Princess Rylie up on the offer to dine at the palace, wear your best attire. As the leading clothes makers in this part of the world, Kios boasts many beautiful and colorful fabrics, as well as elaborate clothing styles
- Fish is a stable in the diet of most Kioskins – especially those who live in the Royal City
- If you want to start a conversation with a Kioskin, but can’t think of what to talk about, simply mention: Sheep, the Clothing Industry, how Amazing Queen Lena (may she rest in peace) was, Kios’s Strides Forward in Learning, or the Benefits of Eating Dried Canta Berries. The conversation will take off and you’ll soon be fast friends with the person you’re conversing with
- If you want to avoid topics that may be controversial, stay away from talking about: Echoes, The Island of Outcasts, Saying Anything Negative about Queen Lena (may she rest in peace), or Princess Rylie being too young to rule effectively
- The Royal City is a relatively clean, safe, and friendly city. Strangers are often amazed at it’s charm, considering not many years ago Kios was dubbed as “barbaric” by the neighboring countries
- As in all countries during this time period, it’s unadvisable for a lady to travel alone
- Places you do not want to miss out on seeing while in the Royal City: The Square, The Judgement Hall in the Palace, Squabblers Marketplace, and The River Docks
And there you have it folks. If you have any more questions about visiting the Royal City, ask away!