Welcome to the A to Z Challenge. This year I’m blogging about the Behind the Scenes for the Echoes Trilogy – a story a started writing about six years ago.
Sometimes when I’m working on a book my thoughts get all jumbled up in my head, and I can’t pick one idea out to focus on. There have several ways I’ve found to help un-jumble my thoughts, so I wanted to share those with y’all today.
- Go and take a walk
- Swing (on a swing set. listening to music. kicking my legs back and forth.)
- Find someone to have a character chat with – meaning you text-chat with someone, but both of you play the role of various characters instead of being yourself
- Read writing prompts online
- Sit down and write whatever random things pop into my mind, then read back through it and see if I came up with any good ideas
- Cut grass
- Rapidly clean my office
- Make coffee and light a candle and turn on inspirational music
- Talk about the story idea with someone
- Look through book reviews online
(Random note: I’m currently sick, and my brain has been quite foggy recently. Hence the late post today.)