A couple years ago I had fun regularly joining The Broke and Bookish for their Top Ten Tuesday Linkup. How it works is they give a category or theme (that has to do with books), and then a bunch of bloggers join in and all post about it. Today’s theme is about books that you can’t put down, so you pretty much read them in one sitting. So, without further ado, here’s my list:
- Thicker Than Blood While I didn’t literally read this book in one sitting, it was one of those stories that was really hard for me to put down. I remember wandering through an airport in Colorado late at night, trying to keep my family in sight as I was totally captivated by this series.
- See How They Run This book isn’t what I would consider my normal style. In fact, I very rarely read books that have this type of plot/theme/etc…. Unreliable narrators aren’t what I generally go for. But for some reason Ally Carter’s writing pulls me in and makes it hard for me to put down her books. (Not that I recommend everything in them, but her writing is pretty cool.)
- The Extraverted Writer Not only is this book short and to the point, but it’s written in such a way that it’s a breeze to read through.
- Life Creative I’m not a mom, but I am creative, and this book was beautiful all the way around. While reading it I hardly wanted to stop because it was so many different forms of art combined.
- For Keeps Ah, this series took me SO long to get into, like two years to finish the first book. But, then the second book (which is nearly 400 pages long), only took me one day. So, I guess you can say the characters grew on me.
- More Than a Hobby I was quite surprised to find this book so intriguing. Who knew retail could be interesting? But yes, I started this book one evening and finished it the next afternoon.
- Love Lives Here Delightful! Books like this that are so real make me want to hug the author and thank them for letting thousands (or millions) of strangers become their friends.
- When Grace Sings I really hardly ever read books like this, but thankfully I try it sometimes, because this book obviously was a win.
- Finding the Core to Your Story It’s so much fun to find short books about writing that I can read over and over again. This is only 108 pages long, and has been re-read by me multiple times.
- Wedded to War The Heroine Behind the Lines series was not a light and fluffy read. In fact, sometimes they made me want to gag. But, they made the Civil War seem so crazily real to me. I’m very impressed by the author.
And there we have it! 10 books that I’ve read in one day, or at least close to it. What are some books that you’ve read in a day? Have you read any on my list?