1. Write and send 22 snail-mail letters – CHECK I’ve actually sent out more than 22 I’ve sent out more, but I didn’t keep track. Probably round 40 or so though.
2. Go for 22 days (not in a row) without Internet – I’ve done it once a week – so currently I’m at 13 days.
3. Go for 22 days (not in a row) without computer –I’ve done it once a week – so currently I’m at 13 days.
4. Read 22 non-fiction books – I read 5 in March, so currently I’m at 8 for the year.
5. Read 22 fiction books – I read 3 in March, so currently I’m at 13 for the year.
6. Write 22 thousand words in my journal – Yes, plus more.
7. Memorize 22 (Bible) verses – Memorized the first 11 verses in Genesis so I’m currently at 17 verses for the year.
8. Move to our new house – Last month I moved about half my stuff over, nothing this month.
9. Go to Florida – CHECK, we were there for three weeks in Jan. and Feb.
10. Go to Europe
11. Go for 22 days in a row without sugar – CHECK – From Jan. 1st. until Jan. 23rd.
12. Host a writing contest on Noveltea
13. Do a guest post or be interviewed on other blogs or host a guest poster or interview on my blog 22 times – I’ve got quite a few posts waiting for when I’m in Europe in May
14. Track all the money I spend for 22 days
15. Do the 100/100 challenge with Limes – I’ve been keeping up with this and have over 9,000 words.
16. Write the continuing Limes story on Noveltea, at least 500 words a segment – Yep.
17. Get my drivers license
18. Do my idea with the jar and marbles/beads, etc…
19. Get WDG totally edited
20. Write the first draft for my AK’s book – CHECK and I just sent it back to my editor with all the changes he had suggested!
21. Get my second Creation Quest book totally ready for publication
22. Write ten book reports/reviews – Reviewed 5 (Here, here, here, here and here) Wrote one more, here, And I wrote four reviews during March, So this challenge is finished!
(6 completed, 9 started,)
|Having fun in Nashville with my totally amazing adopted parents
If you read my weekly goals below, you’ll see a lot of them focused on my time here in Asia and my trip to Nashville. That’s because I have this horrible habit of being so focused on my goals, that if something isn’t my goal, it will just get skimmed over, or I’ll work myself sick trying to accomplish too large of goals.
March was brimming full of amazing things. I went to Nashville with my adopted parents during the first part of the month which was a total dream come true! I’ll have to post some more about that week some time. 🙂 Really though, I’ll treasure that week I had with my fantastic adopted parents forever!
Then I was home for less than a week before heading to Asia for a little over a month. My week home was pretty full also, birthday parties for several of my siblings, visiting with friends, catching up with my wonderful family, and of course unpacking from Nashville and packing for Asia. Plus I had to get shots, go shopping and all those other crazy things involved with heading to the other side of the world. I’m so very thankful for my siblings and parents at home, stepping up and taking on my responsibilities for the month so I could leave. They’re the best!
After the long trip here to Indonesia, I’ve been having a blast hanging out, experiencing new tastes, smells and sights, bobbing for random things in the (clean) dishwater, shopping in the Market place and eating the best (and worst) fruit ever. Climbing the mountain on Monday would have to have been one of the highlights of my time in Asia so far.
And the rest of my March Review:
I have seven daily goals and eleven weekly goals that stay the same, I’ve kept up with each one of those. In addition, I also chose ten goals each week with a certain number of times I want to do each of those goals. I’ve kept up with those, too. Lastly, I have three weekly goals (that change each week) and three monthly goals (that change each month) and fifteen year-long goals. Here the Month and Weekly goals are:
1. Get ready and go to Nashville and focus on my time there = YES
2. Get ready, go and focus on Asia = YES
3. Send revised Action Kid’s book back to editor = YES
Week One Goals:
1. __________ = YES
2. Leave for Nashville and spend most of the week there = YES
3. 3 Chapters of How to Win Friends and Influence People including reviews = YES
Week Two Goals:
1. Pack for Asia = YES
2. ______ = NO 😦
3. Rest up for trip = YES
Week Three Goals:
1. Fly to Indonesia = YES
2. Surprise Sarah = YES
3. Work on editing = YES
Week Four Goals:
1. Spend quality time in Asia = YES
2. Memorize 5 verses = YES
3. Edit at least 5 hours = YES
I worked on several more, but didn’t get any accomplished all the way. 🙂
|At the top of the mountain, messy hair, tired eyes, happy me. 😉
What about y’all? How was your March?